Tuesday, March 12, 2013

I win when I lose.

One of my girlfriends, her name is Monique, is super intelligent!! She and I play several word game through our smartphone apps. I always lose big time on all of the word games, but I always choose to rematch her after every defeat. I  have found myself wondering if she thinks im crazy or if I'm that little annoying sister that can't get enough!
 
As I am thinking, I'm not even sure if I expect to win the game! The benefit I'm getting out of playing her each time is obtaining greater confidence as I am trying my best. Even more, I am watching the choices of words that she uses and her strategy in winning.
 
In life, I am learning to focus not just on completion in achievement, but I am learning with each play to be a better player, to be a wiser player, and to study my opponent and their successes. If we focus on winning as a sign or badge of honor, we miss the true lesson and victory.
 
Now, I look forward to playing games with Monique! I look forward to what she is going to teach me about herself, and most importantly about myself! I don't ignore or prolong the game! I don't choose easier components so that I can feel good about myself and self inflate my ego!
 
In reflection, I realize that I even refer other people to play her! I want them to be iron sharpened by iron as well! At some point, we must grow from avoiding challenges to facing them in confidence! Will you be able to get to the point that you welcome challenges? Or that you are not intimidated by a challenge or do not become weary with anticipatory grief when a challenge is on the horizon?
 
Actually, I have several word games going on with her at different times. We must embrace challenges, so that we becomes opponents. Thank You Monique for being a friend that is not afraid to challenge me and allows me to continue to grow!

No comments:

Post a Comment